Perfect if you want a savings account with check writing capabilities. This is an investment product for tax-deductible** Health Savings Account contributions that offers the convenience of check-writing and debit card capabilities for paying qualified medical expenses.
- $50 minimum to open account
- No monthly maintenance fee
- Earns interest on the average daily balance, interest credited monthly
- An HSA is portable in that you can maintain the deposit account even if you change employers or leave the work force
- Contributions may be made by any person (family member, employer, or other person) on behalf of the eligible account owner
- In accordance with IRS rules and regulations, additional catch-up contributions can be made for account owners who are at least 55 or older and not enrolled in Medicare
** Consult your tax advisor to discuss you tax situation